Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December Book!

Hi All...

Sorry this is so late in coming. It has been a busy couple of days down here, and solidifying a choice is harder than it seems. I have been going back and forth between three different books for a while and have finally picked one. It should be easy to find on Amazon and such.

Without further ado...




I have a deep place in my heart for Raymond Carver. We have yet to tackle a short story collection, and I thought it would be the perfect time to do so with the holiday season upon us.

This collection of short stories was Carver's last published collection. He was one of the few authors who brought the short story back as it were in the 1980's. People often compare him to Kafka, Hemingway, and Chekhov. (Carver refers to the later quite frequently in his poems.)

I can't wait to hear what y'all have to say about it. I hope you enjoy it!

3 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Ooh, I'm excited! I've never actually read any Raymond Carver...

Shawn said...

Hmmmm, I have never gotten into short stories, so this should be interesting----I'm ready to give it a go, though!

Fe said...

Oh my, I LOVE Raymond Carver.. I'm so excited! Thank you for choosing him:)