Sunday, January 3, 2010

#1

Well, my favorite story has been the very first one. About the boy who meets another boy and they catch that huge fish... remember?

I don't know but I find it the most disturbing out of all the stories in a very strange way. I'm not sure why either, it's just a feeling I have every time I read it. How old do you think that boy is? Sometimes I think he sounds very young, like 12 maybe. Also at the same time I feel like he is older then I think as well, but he just acts like a child. I'm not sure yet.

I think the entire story seemed so normal. It seemed like an average day for him. I felt sad about his parents not seeming to really care about him, or what he does. It's obvious he wants their approval, real bad. Which is another reason why I believe he is young. You are seeing that through his eyes. Maybe his parents are great people, they were just having an off night?

I don't know, I'm still thinking about it all. What do you think?`

2 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I kind of thought he was in that 12-ish range, too.

As for his parents, I don't think it was just a bad day. I think life was always like this, which is why he was so desperate for their approval, or even just their attention. He craved it because he never got it.

Rachel said...

Thats true. I wonder though if it is more in the mind of a little kid though. You know what I mean?

I remember being young and thinking my parents were not paying attention to me/my life was horrible when I was young. But in reality it wasn't like that, it was just how my mind as a child saw it.

Food for thought.