Friday, February 26, 2010

That Snow Book.....

I finished this book a few weeks ago, but haven't had the time to write about it..... I wrote my review on my Goodreads site, so I've decided to add part of it here.

This book grabbed me from the beginning, and though it was a bit quirky, and tended to flashback a lot to Smilla's upbringing, which took you out of the story, I really enjoyed it.

There had been a movie quite a few years back, that I had seen, made from this book, but the book must have been so different that I didn't even remember references to the movie.

There was a lot of intrigue in this book, and that kept me wanting to read more, but I also found myself learning a lot about snow....and it was so interesting to learn of the things that Smilla knew about snow and what her mother had taught her. I had never thought of so many different types of cold---and snow will never seem the same to me!

All in all----a good read----good writing and good story. Only thing that annoyed me was the ending....seriously----was anyone else annoyed by the ending? I mean, after all that we went through with her and then to leave us hanging?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I HATE it when there is a cliff ending. Why oh why?