Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cleaning Up

So I like the idea that Karen has come up with. Trying to get everyone involved would be a good idea. At least have people create a post each month with their own thoughts on the book we are doing.

I've noticed that most people are just getting their copy of Brandon's choice. What does everyone think about extending his book to November? That way everyone can start to read that book instead of rushing through it and reading Novembers choice. Just an idea... let me know what you think.

One more thing. Can everyone who is interested in continuing this book club comment on this post? I think its time to clean up the authors who are not participating in it. So far I believe Brandon, Brittni, Fe, Karen, Shawn and I are the ones who are still reading and giving our opinions. So, if I don't get a response from anyone else from this post I'll assume they are no longer in the club. Also if anyone else wants to be added as an author and be apart of our good times leave a comment with your e-mail address and I will send you an invite to get involved.

Can't wait to start reading again!

Love you all!

10 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm definitely in and I'm all in favor of continuing Desert Solitaire into next month and keeping the rest of the months the way they originally were.

Unknown said...

I am too! I also like the idea of getting more organized with the comments i think that will be helpful. If we can get that straightened out. Because it just feels like we read and rush to the next. Anyway. Yay for both of you. :)(ALL of you really.)

Anonymous said...

I'm still up for staying on!:)

Shawn said...

OOOOOh yeah, baby! I am still in and ready to keep reading! And commenting or writing a post with each book, if needs be... I must admit that I haven't started his book either, yet, as I have been over swamped---then went out of town----hung with Rachel---yeah---my new daughter!! But, long story short, I am trying to finish up a book that I had started when I finished last months book choice early...

So----lets take it into Nov. and stay on track! As for those people that don't comment----hmmmmm---I always wondered what happened to them! If they aren't going to read and comment, why the heck are you doing this?

Just sayin....

Brandon Wilde said...

I am never leaving this club. You will have to kick me out, and I will not go without a terrible fight. And I agree. More discussion about the books would be fun.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Sorry, Brandon. We're not letting you out that easily!

Guereca Family said...

Aw man. I was kicked out of the club. Sorry I can't post very often but I only have mobile internet which is slow as molasses. I'm still going to keep reading your picks though!

Guereca Family said...

Extending is a great idea. I've been a little behind since Hunger Games because I couldn't get a copy of it (too poor to buy it) haha! I'm still going to read it, I'm still on the libraries waiting list. I just picked up Desert Solitare (had to reserve it too) can't wait to keep reading.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I would love to join your online book club. If I can get the book in time to be of use that is! Currently, I'm reading what is touted as the best book of 1994. The library isn't exactly caught up with the times!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

Here's my email: resciniti3@gmail.com

Thanks!