Thursday, October 22, 2009

I've Been Thinking...

So I totally love being in this online reading group and we've had some awesome books so far.

I haven't gotten to this month's selection yet, but I've ordered it and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I realized that I never posted my feelings on The Shack, mostly because I didn't finish reading it until a week into October.

We're all busy, busy, BUSY people. I am. And I know y'all are too.

BUT.

I'm thinking that maybe we need a little bit more structure in order for this group to really work. I'm not entirely sure how to go about it, but perhaps breaking each book down in fourths and taking some time to post something every week? Or maybe on the last week of each month we can post a different topic each day like themes, characters, symbolism, and overall message?

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure. Partly because I don't really know any of you very well and I don't know your preferences or what works for you. I am just throwing it out there because I think this group is a great idea and I think it can become something amazing.

Oh, and would it be possible to post the selection schedule in the sidebar? I keep going back through the archives to check the list on the original post just so that I make sure not to get ahead of myself.

Anyway, thanks! Y'all are awesome!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Karen. I think all of this is a good idea. I went ahead and posted "pick of the month" on the side bar.

I think everyone should at least create a post and talking about their feelings about the book when they read it that would be a good idea.

Karen Peterson said...

Thank you for doing that, Rachel!