Monday, June 22, 2009

Allow myself to introduce...myself...

Hi, everyone!

I'm Karen and I found my way here thanks to Shawn's invitation.

I have absolutely loved books since I was tiny. My mom insists that I started reading books when I was three. By the time I got to kindergarten (where I spent 6 weeks before being whisked away to 1st grade) I was into chapter books.

I am so excited to be here and to be part of this group! I started a reading group with some friends while I was living up in Utah. Three years later they are still going strong, even though I've moved back to California and have yet to find friends or neighbors that are as fascinated by stories as I am.

Thanks for letting me join you! I look forward to getting to know you all. And if you want to get to know me, you're welcome to stop by my blog and visit any time.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Welcome Karen! We are glad you joined!

Shawn said...

Yay Karen! You have a super amazing blog----and YOUR writing is great, also---so I hope everyone checks out your blog....

Great to be reading with you!

Shawn said...

Dang it----thats my theatre alter ego----here is the real me...

heh, heh.

Unknown said...

welcome welcome!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Thanks, Rachel! I'm so glad you started this thing! I'm really excited to be a part of it.

Shawn, you are TOO kind! Maybe some day, years from now, we'll be reading some of our own books. :-)

Brittni, thank you!