Monday, June 1, 2009

Greetings From the Token Male

My name is Brandon Wilde. For some reasons book clubs seem to be monopolized by women, but I intend to straighten out this imbalance as best I can. So here I am. I figure I should introduce myself a little bit. I'm not very interesting. I work. I sleep. I try to figure out how to make money from photography. That's all I got going on in my life as an individual person. I'm also Rachel's boyfriend. So there you go. It all makes sense if you look at it from the right angle.

I like to read, but I don't do it as much as I would like to. It's hard to find the time sometimes. I used to be a total bookworm, but now I usually just pick a book and spend months finishing it. Nevertheless, I will try to keep up with this club. It should keep me going anyway. Since I am just rambling, I will tell you my favorite all time books, and we shall leave it at that.

1. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
2. The Adventures of Huck Finn by Mark Twain
3. 1984 by George Orwell
4. Hell's Angel's by Hunter S. Thomson
5. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
6. Taltos by Anne Rice
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
8. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
9. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
10. Dracula by Bram Stoker
11. Contact by Carl Sagan (I just barely read this, and it blew my mind)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a list you have - My favorite is the pride and prejudice one. I didn't really love that book but yet you did.

You are totally the sappy girl in this relationship :)

Unknown said...

I also love the road. A lot. And I am reading lolita, so that is neat.

Brandon Wilde said...

What can I say? I have excellent taste, and I have never been afraid of looking girly.