Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sissa

Hi everyone! I'm Sissa and I'm super excited to be in the club! I am a self proclaimed book addict. But lately I feel like I am stuck in the teen section. My biggest source of recommendations comes from the best sellers display between the youth and teen section at Barnes and Noble. My latest adventure.....The Percy Jackson series. Now don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the books, but I feel like I need something the stimulates me intelectually, something that I actually have to sit and ponder after I'm done.

A few weeks ago there was a list sent around on Facebook of books the BBC said pretty much if you hadn't read, you really aren't a reader. Out of the 101 books on there I had only read about 10. And out of those ten, at least half were books I was forced to read in school. So, now I have a goal to read at least one book from that list every month. However. I will not read the Quoran, is that okay?

And I don't think I'll give up the occasionally book from the teen section just yet.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I do NOT want to read the Quran either.

That is just self torture.

Welcome to the club Sissa!

Anonymous said...

Welcome! I consider myself to be quite the reader, but I have definitely missed out on some gems in my life! I'm sure this club will help us both!:)