Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Reading Fool

Hey there.

I'm Shawn.

I used to get my books taken away for punishment, as a child. When I didn't get the things done that I was supposed to do.....because I was reading.

I lived most of my junior high and high school days walking around in a fog, as I was always "in" my books. Yeah, I'm a book nerd like that.

Reading is......well.....you could say.......my addiction......my obsession......my drug of choice......my escape from the world.....my first love.

And you know that list of the books that we are supposed to read-----well, I've read like 64 of them, so that tells a lot about my obsession with all kinds of books.

I never stop reading----and if I am sitting in a waiting room at the doctors and there is a sign on the wall-----I will read it over and over......because I HAVE to.

That's how I roll.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Shawn... I love you.

Karen Peterson said...

We are soul mates! Seriously, I always try to have reading material with me at all times. And if I don't, I read signs over and over again too. It's terrible! I used to memorize the backs of all the cereal boxes!

Brandon Wilde said...

That's a terrible, good story. What sort of parents would take books away from a child? Most children won't read books unless forced, and then they will just skim over the pictures and stuff, and pretend to be reading. I just don't understand it.

I'm not that much of a reader. If I'm stuck in a waiting room of any kind I just trace the cracks between the ceiling tiles with my eyes.